I can't believe my son is nearing the end of his first year of school.
It seems like the other day I was up all night fussing over his clothes and making the perfect lunch. Now I'm prepping to send him off to summer camp for the first time and figuring out how to make time for mini getaways.
We've never had a real family vacation. My job actually picks up during the summer so it's hard for me to get away for extended periods of time. However, this summer, I'm determined to make the most of the weekends and plan some quick trips.
All of this has to be done on a budget. So I've been looking for free or as close to free as possible. Here are 30 FREE things I plan to do with my son this summer.
1. Visit a state park.
2. Watch a movie in the park
3. Visit at least 4 museums on free days or with passes from the library
4. Watch fireworks.
5. Enroll in the summer reading program at the library
6. Make popsicles
7. Fly a kite
8. Participate in the Summer Brain Games at the Museum of Science and Industry.
9. Have a picnic in the park
10. Visit Lake Michigan
11. Write a letter and mail it.
12. Visit the Zoo
13. Watch a parade
14. Make a cake from scratch
15. Teach BB how to ride a bike
16. Visit a neighborhood festival
17. Visit the Farmers Market
18. Participate in a service project
19. Go on a tour of the Jelly Belly factory
20. Finish a 500 piece puzzle
21. Go to the beach
22. Go swimming
23. Go for nature walks
24. Make a sandcastle
25. Go camping in the living room.
26. Go to an outdoor performance/live music
27. Make giant bubbles
28. Make frequent trips to the park
29. Watch a sunset
30. Catch lightening bugs
What's on your list for this summer?